Tio års väntan är över! Neil Pearts dubbel-DVD "Anatomy of a Drum Solo" är här.
Presents newly-recorded, in-studio footage of Neil discussing, in detail, his approach to soloing. Using a solo recorded in September, 2004 in Frankfurt, Germany, as a framework, Neil talks about each segment of this nine-minute tour de force that is a feature of each Rush performance. He describes the inspiration and the conceptual thinking behind each part of the solo and discusses, and often demonstrates, the technique necessary for playing that segment.
Also included are two “explorations” -- completely improvised workouts at the drums, each over thirty-minutes long; a never-before-released solo recorded in Hamburg, Germany in September, 2004 ("Ich Bin Ein Hamburger"); “O Baterista”, Neil´s Grammy(r) Award-nominated solo (previously released on the Rush in Rio DVD); two full Rush performances from Frankfurt ’04, all shot from the perspective of the drum cameras; interviews with Lorne Wheaton, Neil’s drum tech, and Paul Northfield, Rush co-producer and engineer; a full-color booklet, a photo gallery and more.
- Anatomy of a Drum Solo
- Der Trommler” (recorded September, 2004, Frankfurt)
- Neil’s analysis and discussion of “Der Trommler” and of his approach to soloing
- Sidebar 1-Exclusive Hamburg solo ("Ich Bin Ein Hamburger")
- Sidebar 2- “Exploration #1”
- Bonus Features, including: ”Exploration #2”
- “O Baterista” (solo from Rush in Rio)
- Interview with Paul Northfield, Rush co-producer and engineer, and Lorne Wheaton, Neil’s drum tech
- Lorne Wheaton setting up and talking about Neil’s drumkit
- Two Rush performances from the perspective of the drum cameras
- A Previously Unreleased Solo from Rush’s 1994 Counterparts Tour
- Alternate Edits-During parts of Neil’s analysis of “Der Trommler,” the viewer can choose between two different edits, one with related playing examples in full screen and one with Neil in view while the playing example is shown in a separate inset. These spots are identified by an on-screen icon.
- Audio-only bonus marimba tracks, “Momo’s Dance Party” and “Pieces of Eight,” composed and performed by Neil, which can be accessed at various points in the program.
- Bonus Footage-A previously unreleased solo from the Rush Counterparts tour recorded March 27, 1994 at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan.
- Camera-Option---During Neil’s performance of “Der Tommler”, the viewer can choose between the program edit and two, isolated cameras, for different views.
- Two Rush performances (“Tom Sawyer” and “Subdivisions”) recorded Frankfurt, September, 2004 from the perspective of the drum cameras.
- Photo Gallery