Watch this product and we will notify you once it is back in stock.
Flagship V-Drums kit featuring the TD-50X sound module with Prismatic Sound Modeling, advanced digital snare, ride, and hi-hat pads, and a full-size layout.
The flagship TD-50KV2 represents the pinnacle of V-Drums innovation, delivering the most complete electronic drumming experience available anywhere. Large, top-of-the-line pads and cymbals are featured throughout, including groundbreaking digital snare, ride, and hi-hat pads that bring ultra-detailed playability to the three most nuanced pieces in the kit. The next-generation TD-50X module provides unmatched tone, feel, and response, coupled with deep editing tools to fully personalize your sound and pro connectivity to take on any playing situation. If you’re looking for the ultimate in V-Drums performance, look no further than the TD-50KV2.
- Next-generation TD-50X sound module with Prismatic Sound Modeling and PureAcoustic Ambience technologies
- 14-inch PD-140DS digital snare, 18-inch CY-18DR digital ride cymbal, and newly developed 14-inch VH-14D digital hi-hat, all with high-res, multi-sensor triggering for unmatched performance
- Two PD-108-BC rack tom pads and two PD-128-BC floor tom pads
- Two 16-inch CY-16C-T crash cymbal pads, which feature a 40-percent thinner design than previous V-Cymbals for greater flex and swing
- 18-inch KD-180 bass drum with birch wood shell and Roland’s advanced air-damper mechanics
- Over 900 premium sounds on board, including many new kick, snare, hi-hat, tom, and cymbal selections
- Ready-to-play presets based on legendary and contemporary drum kit sounds, purposefully tuned for full, punchy, and dynamic sound
- Hands-on interface with dedicated buttons and faders for selecting, customizing, and mixing drum sounds
- Massive selection of studio-grade effects, including EQs, compressors, reverbs, multi-effects, and more
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outs provide balanced connections to a PA mixer
- Integrated 32-channel USB audio/MIDI interface for professional computer music production
- Four auxiliary analog trigger inputs for easy kit expansion
- Mix input for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
- Large MDS-Stage 2 drum stand with chrome finish and integrated channels for cable routing
Prismatic Sound Modeling: Feel the Difference
The Prismatic Sound Modeling in the TD-50X makes electronic drums come to life like no other system can, infusing multi-layer samples recorded in world-class studios with sophisticated behavior modeling techniques refined over more than two decades. Inspired by a prism—which refracts a single ray of light into every color in the spectrum—our revolutionary approach produces an unlimited array of sonic colors with every stick hit. The initial attack is followed by a complex mix of rich overtones, just like playing acoustic drums and cymbals. You can feel the sound changing in reaction to your expression, creating that magical, interactive bond that fully immerses you in the emotion of the moment. From subtle ghost notes and detailed articulations to the loudest and most intense playing, your drumming has no boundaries with the TD-50X.
Roland Digital Pads: A Revolution in Electronic Drumming
Our breakthrough digital pad technology fully realizes the vast expressive potential made possible with Prismatic Sound Modeling. Multi-sensor detection in the snare, ride, and hi-hat pads works with the lightning-fast processing in the TD-50X module to bring authentic acoustic nuance and detail to these core kit pieces. All your playing techniques translate seamlessly, such as subtly touching the ride to mute the sound or switching at will between head, rimshot, and cross stick playing on the snare. The game-changing VH-14D completes the experience, offering touch sensitivity, tonal variation, and open/closed resolution never available in electronic hi-hats until now.
Authentic Mesh Heads
The TD-50KV2 features Roland’s famous multi-ply mesh heads, with a three-layer head on the snare and two-layer heads on the toms providing natural stick resistance and rebound for ultra-satisfying feel and response. Just like drumheads on acoustic drums, you can tweak the tension to your preference with a standard drum key. And since our mesh heads produce very little acoustic noise, the TD-50KV2 is perfect for both quiet practice sessions with headphones and live performance setups that require complete volume control on stage.
With its full-size spread and large-diameter snare and tom pads, the TD-50KV2 gives you the big vibe of a premium acoustic kit. The 18-inch KD-180 bass drum has the authentic feel and onstage presence of a traditional kick, with Roland’s special air-damper mechanics providing natural resistance and rock-solid triggering. And the large cymbal pads are 40-percent thinner than previous generations, offering the most satisfying stick response to date.
Imagine acoustic drums that are mic’d, processed, and mixed in a world-class studio—that’s what you get when you call up a preset on the TD-50X. Developed with top drummers and recording engineers, these inspiring kits let you take on any style at the touch of a button, from traditional jazz to full-throttle metal.
Make the Sound Your Own
Going beyond the presets, the TD-50X allows you to customize things at every level—just as you would with an acoustic kit. Make quick adjustments to tuning and muffling, or dive deep and build a kit from the ground up by selecting shell depths, drumhead types, cymbal characteristics, and much more. Then put the kit in the space of your choice using PureAcoustic Ambience, with full control of room type, reverberation, stereo width, and other parameters at your command.
A Studio at Your Fingertips
After you’ve tweaked the details of your kit, bring it to mix-ready perfection with the TD-50X’s impressive array of pro studio tools. Adjust mic settings for various kit elements, then dial in sounds with EQs, compressors, and other processing. And for spaciousness and color, tap into the wide selection of high-quality reverbs and multi-effects.
Mix Outside the Box
When performing with electronic drums, the ability to process sounds outside the kit is vital. The TD-50X has ten fully assignable outputs for sending the house engineer whatever drums they need, with or without effects. And via faders on the panel, you can easily control the mix from the stage when you’re on your own. The TD-50KV2 also excels for computer music production, with the ability to send up to 32 simultaneous channels of digital audio plus MIDI over USB for premium-quality transfer.
Your Personal Practice Partner
The TD-50X is loaded with practice features that make every session fun, productive, and rewarding. Improve your timing with the metronome and Coach mode exercises, or simply jam along with music played from a smartphone or laptop. The onboard recorder lets you capture and review your playing at any time, complete with the ability to export audio (with or without backing music) for sharing with others. And you can extend your practice even further with Melodics™, a free desktop app that comes with 40 lessons, plus unlimited access via a subscription when you’re ready for more.
Drum sound module: TD-50X x 1
Snare: PD-140DS x 1
Tom1, Tom2: PD-108-BC x 2
Tom3, Tom4: PD-128-BC x 2
Hi-hat: VH-14D x 1
Crash1, Crash2: CY-16R-T x 2
Ride: CY-18DR x 1
Kick: KD-180 x 1
Drum stand: MDS-STG2 x 1
-Extra trigger input jack
4 (AUX 1--AUX 4)
1,650 (W) x 1,500 (D) x 1,250 (H) mm
65 (W) x 59-1/16 (D) x 49-1/4 (H) inches
(including Kick pad, Cymbals, Hi-hat stand and Drum throne)
56 kg / 123 lbs 8 oz
Connection cable (Tom4)
* Kick pad, Drum stand, Kick pedal, snare stand, hi-hat stand, and drum throne are not included.
- Secure payments
- 30 days return policy
- Price match